Barefoot teachers

When you talk about going barefoot at school you likely think about students, and most of the time you would be correct. However, did you know there are also barefoot teachers? Not very many, but they do exist. I guess it's human nature to enjoy going barefoot regardless of the profession because it's just such a natural thing to do. The following are barefoot at school stories involving barefoot teachers.

Below is another interesting entry from my old guestbook by a female barefoot teacher:

"I'm a 28-year-old high school English teacher and all my students know me as "Ms. Feet" because I'm always barefoot in the classroom and most of the time around the campus. I haven't worn shoes to a video store in years and I also frequent the grocery store, the Subway sandwiches, Baskin-Robbins, the mall, the miniature golfing place, and Cal State Long Beach (where I'm attending night classes as well) in my most barest of feet. I've also gotten away with walking around Disneyland barefoot, but 9 times out of 10, they'll ask me to put my flip-flops on before I get on the rides. But I love being barefoot and hope you do,too! Yay for summer!"

wow, how cool is that! a while ago i had a brief email correspondence with another female barefoot teacher whom i met at one of the barefoot forums. she would take her shoes off at school and leave them under her desk, and sometimes would carry them in her hand as she walked around. the principal would scold her whenever he saw her walking around in bare feet, and tell her to put her shoes on. but often times she would just giggle and run towards the stairway until he couldn't see her anymore :)

i also had a barefoot professor in college. he was a guy in his 40's. he would wear shoes without socks and take them off in class, and walk around the class and in the hallway barefoot.

have you ever had a barefoot teacher? or maybe you are one yourself? if so, you're lucky!

Read these other interesting stories:

going barefoot at school

barefoot in the principal's office

a day in the life of a barefoot college student 

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:21 AM

    Ms Feet,

    My name is Tammy. I am a preschool teacher who is always barefooted in her classroom. Please email me at zeta1995xi@yahoo.com

    God Bless,

    Tammy Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a female version of myself! I've never tried Disneyland but I have gone island hopping---Catalina and Alcatraz, cruised museums--LA County Museum of Art, the Getty and even Hearst Castle, and shopped at some of the busiest malls--the Beverly Center, Sherman Oaks Galleria, & Montebello Town Center---all in bare paws! It's all in fun and adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. barefoot should be the norm not the exception...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ms Feet! I read your words and I find very interested. I love walk barefoot everywhere and I do it when I can... Walk you always barefoot? Where are you from? I like meet other barefooters but here in Greece there aren't very mach. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:04 PM

    We were made to be barefoot. I've done the same at Disneyland and your right 9 out 10 times you are ask to put you flip flops back on. But once out of view they come off. It's natural and better for your feet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment